Set up on 24th March 1992 on the recommendations of the Centenary Celebrations Committee heded by the then Hon’ble Prime Minister of India. To implement the programmes and activities for furthering the ideology and message of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar among the masses in India as well as abroad. To manage , administer and carry on the important and long-term schemes and programmes identified during the Centenary Celebrations of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
Nature of Organisation:
A Society set up under the aegis of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, registered under the Registration of Societies Act, 1860.
Also registered as a charitable institution U/S 12(A) and 80(G) of Income Tax Act. Fully funded by the Government of India.
Actvities, Programmes & Projects
- Dr. Ambedkar National Memorial & Museum at 26, Alipur Road, Delhi.
- Dr. Ambedkar International Centre at Janpath.
- Dr. Ambedkar National Award for Social Understanding and Upliftment of Weaker Sections.
- Dr. Ambedkar International Award for Social Change.
- Dr. Ambedkar Chairs in Universities/Institutions.
- Publication of the Collected Works of Baba Saheb Dr. B. R. Ambedkar in Hindi and 8 regional languages viz. Tamil, Telugu, Odiya, Malyalam, Gujarati, Punjabi, Urdu & Bengali.
- Dr.Ambedkar National Merit Award Scheme for SC/ST students for Class 10th level
- Dr.Ambedkar National Merit Award Scheme for SC students for Class 12th level
- Dr. Ambedkar National Relief to SC victims of Atrocities.
- Celebration of Birth Anniversary and Mahaparinirwan Diwas of Dr. Ambedkar on 14th April & 6th December respectively in Parliament House Lawns.
- Dr. Ambedkar Medical Aid Scheme for SCs & STs.
- Dr. Ambedkar National Essay Competition Scheme
- Celebration of Birth Anniversaries of Great Saints
- Publication of ‘Samajik Nyay Sandesh’, Magazine
- Dr. Ambedkar Memorial Lecture
- Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE)